Inside a Writer's Mind

Inside a Writer's Mind
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” -- Oscar Wilde

Thursday 23 August 2012

Writing Update

I've been following my own advice of late (see tips number #1 and #29 from previous post) and have been getting immersed in a new project. It's still in the embryonic stages, but I'm feeling enthused about writing in a way I haven't for a little while now. That can only be good.

I'm still shopping my completed novel around, though much more selectively these days. And I'm holding out quite a bit of hope for my most recent queries.

But more importantly, of late I've been reflecting on how much I've learned about writing these past two years. And already I'm seeing the benefits of this, significantly, with how quickly my current project is flowing from my brain (heart, soul, the universe etc. insert wherever it is you think stories come from) and onto the page/screen.

Following the writing process I outlined in my last post, along with drawing on everything I've read--'how to ...' books as well as many novels and short stories--has really helped to illuminate what previously seemed like a process akin to alchemy.

I hope your writing progress is going along swimmingly as well.

Let me know about your challenges and successes.

No comments:

Post a Comment