I came across this site recently. As it says on the tin, it contains links to 100 Creative Writing Blogs -- I'm not sure I would categorise them as the top 100 out there, but you be the judge.
Even though this was posted in 2009, most of the links are active and the blogs (I visited) are regularly updated. A number of them I've seen recommended elsewhere and a few I've listed in my 'Useful Links For Writers'.
There seems to something for everyone here, regardless of your level of experience and the type of writing you enjoy.
On the site the blogs are categorised and there is a brief description of each; I've included the first five categories below and links for each blog, and in cases where a blog has been moved, a new link. Some links I've omitted because they are dead or the site lacked relevant content.
Here they are:
- Writer Unboxed (Very useful, great information re creative and business aspects of writing fiction.)
- Backstory (Moved in 2010 to Like Fire.)
- Write Anything (Moved in 2010 to emergent publishing.)
- Inky Girl: a Guide for those who Write and Draw for Young People
- Women on Writing (Moved in 2010 to Muffin Wow Women on Writing.)
- Cute Writing (Doesn't appear to be as content rich as some of the others.)
- Write to Done
- The Urban Muse
- Writing Forward
- Writers Write
- Creative Writing Corner (Links to site called 'Blair Hurley'.)
- The Desperate Writer
- Incurable Disease of Writing (Dead link, not included here.)
- Emerging Writers Network
- Authors Blogs (Not so good... I wouldn't bother with this one personally. But hey, we're all different.)
- The Plot Monkeys
- Maternal Spark ( Moved to Home to Heather in 2009)
- The Orwell Diaries
- Tom Conoboy's Writing Blog
- John Baker's Blog
- The Man in Black (Doesn't seem to have posted recently.)
- Neil Gaiman's Journal (Lots of useful links and information here.)
- Wil Wheaton in Exile
- A Writer's Life
- The Paperback Writer
- Holly Lisle: Author Homepage
- Beyond the Beyond
- Contrary Brin
- Scott Berkun
- Becoming a Writer Seriously (Doesn't seem to have updated recently.)
- Time to Write
- Flogging the Quill
- Six Sentences
- Luc Reid
- The Writing Show
- Men With Pens
- Write A Better Novel
- Write Better
- Clear Writing With Mr Clarity
- Mike's Writing Workshop
- Kim's Craft Blog
When I have time, I'll check out the rest of the links and post them as well. The category headings are below.
Grammar and Editing
Hope you find this useful.