Inside a Writer's Mind

Inside a Writer's Mind
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” -- Oscar Wilde

Tuesday 28 February 2012

I'm Back...

I'm back, after the best holiday I've ever had, and am almost ready to start querying again. I wrote most days whilst on the ship and found it a great space to be in to drift, quite literally, away into my own world. (For those that are interested I'll post pics of  South Pacific in coming weeks.)

I have my MS with two beta readers at the moment. And, after printing it off for the first time in a three months, I plan to sit down and read it again from cover to cover. I've been told reading it in as few a sittings as possible is the best way to get a feel for whether or not the book flows, is cohesive, and the narrative arc bears out as it should.

I spent a lot of time reworking the opening chapters. Now the novel begins where I'd originally envisioned it starting. As I mentioned in another post, I had front loaded it with too much exposition, and realized (eventually) that I needed it starting at a point where there was forward momentum.

More to follow soon.

Keep writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment