Inside a Writer's Mind

Inside a Writer's Mind
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” -- Oscar Wilde

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Another Writing Update

Have made some exciting advancements recently on my MS.

I had a series of breakthroughs in areas I had been stuck on for months.

I think a change of scenery and circumstance has had a lot to do with it. This has helped me to bring about a change of energy--much more positive of late.

In practical terms I have removed a lot of the back story or exposition from the beginning of the MS and inserted it much later in the narrative. Some of the back story will need to be broken up or condensed further, but on the whole I have been very pleased with the difference this relatively simple change has made.

The narrative now begins with action, and where I had originally intended before I had gone and loaded the opening of the novel with exposition.

For those of you who already understand the significance of starting in action and delaying the delivery of back story until absolutely necessary (something I also knew, but for the life of me couldn't seem to put to into practise in this MS), you may want to go and do something else instead of reading this.

Like Keep Writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment