Inside a Writer's Mind

Inside a Writer's Mind
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” -- Oscar Wilde

Friday 11 November 2011

My Way of Getting Through The Day

When I was teaching English full time and feeling the load, or just wishing I was somewhere else doing something else, I’d often make time to search the Internet for inspirational quotes, print them off, and carry them around with me for the day.

I found that reading and reflecting on them when I could, was a good way to give myself a spiritual pickup. (A sort of caffeine for the soul I guess.) And it helped to motivate, energise and centre myself.

I read some quotes earlier today by one of my favourite authors (and author of the beautiful book The Prophet) Kahlil Gibran. Here are a few that I connected with:

“Perplexity is the beginning of knowledge.”

“When you long for blessings that you may not name, and when you grieve knowing not the cause, then indeed you are growing with all things that grow, and rising toward your greater self.”

“He who has not looked on sorrow will never see joy.”

“In truth we talk only to ourselves, but sometimes we talk loud enough that others may hear us.”

“He who understands you is greater kin to you than your own brother. For even your own kindred may neither understand you nor know your worth.”

Keep writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment